Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
. I know that 85-93 a/c equipped air handler boxes are the same.
You sure it’s 85-93 and not 87-93? I seem to remember the heater cores on the non-ac 85/86 cars were different and could be swapped out just by flipping the glovebox down. I think the ac units were the same as 87+

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
plus the original R12 condensor tends to have the same problem with oil settling,
Since he's going all new, he should be fine as all the modern offerings or the foxbody are the flat tube parallel condenser, similar to what came on the Sn95 mustang with R134a. Outside of NOS, i don't think you can even get the serpentine style condenser for the fox anymore.

These newer condensers are a smaller internal volume than the older serpentine condenser so your oil/refrigerant charge needs to be reduced. Original spec was 10 oz of oil and 40 oz of R12, up until 1989 when the oil was reduced to 8oz. When i redid my system (brand new, from scratch) I was advised to try a 34oz charge (i used R12) and 8 oz of oil in the system since I changed to the newer style condenser. I did, and the system works beautifully.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts