Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to Supercharging....Got some questions for you "Supercharging" guys. I have read and talked to people about where to put the ACT sensor. Some say to put it between the S/C and T/B , and others say to put it between the MAF and inlet side of S/C..Some say to put it in front of the MAF which I will have a hard time doing because I got a filter straight on the MAF.....I am also wanting to add some "Nitrous" to it but I'm not sure if I need to use a wet or dry system and how much HP do I need to use? Will I have any problems if I put a 11lb.pulley on a PD charger? Any suggestions welcomed.....Need help!!!!
88LX Full body/ [email protected] 1/8 ,1.48 60FT.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Blue347 said:
I am new to Supercharging....Got some questions for you "Supercharging" guys. I have read and talked to people about where to put the ACT sensor. Some say to put it between the S/C and T/B , and others say to put it between the MAF and inlet side of S/C..Some say to put it in front of the MAF which I will have a hard time doing because I got a filter straight on the MAF.....I am also wanting to add some "Nitrous" to it but I'm not sure if I need to use a wet or dry system and how much HP do I need to use? Will I have any problems if I put a 11lb.pulley on a PD charger? Any suggestions welcomed.....Need help!!!!

From what I have read...you should leave the ACT in it's stock location on the lower intake.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Blue347 said:
Will I have any problems if I put a 11lb.pulley on a PD charger?
Nice times! :joy: My buddy went to the 11 lb pulley on his Powerdyne and blew the thing up 3 times.....with very few miles too. Needless to say he was ticked. But that was the old internal belt style PD, do you have one of those or the newer models (which I think may have the breaking problems fixed).

Are you running a stock ecu? I don't know what to tell you about that, but I was told my speed pro ecu worked best with the act sensor a little ahead of the tb. I wouldn't think you'd want it in front of the blower, wouldn't get temp readings for what's actually going in the motor. I would guess maybe too high temps could screw with the sensor? But I thought they could read over 200 degrees.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts