Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running out of ideas on what is wrong with my air charge sensor problem. About 6 months ago, on a night when it was extremely cold, the light cut on. I tried disabling it with the quarterhorse and let it ride until now. Here is a timeline of what has happened:

6 months ago: the cel cut on and gave a code 54.

7 days ago: I ordered an oem ford sensor

Yesterday: installed the sensor and still had a code 54

Today: Cleaned and widened the pins on the salt and pepper 10 pin connectors. Took a multimeter and checked for voltage on the act plug unplugged. It had 4.56 volts. I also checked the other wire on the plug by seeing if it made a circuit with the ground on the battery. It gave a reading of 34 when i checked it.

I made sure I had the scaler cut back on that I cut off in the tune and flashed the computer. The light went off when I cranked it, but the act reading was -6 degrees. I got out and unplugged the sensor and nothing changed. still no light, and my datalogger was reading -6 to -8 degrees.

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Let me guess.....Autozone "Duralast" part?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it did actually say ford on it eh

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Ford-OEM-DY-674-AX3-Air-Charge-Temperature-Sensor-DY670-E0AE12A697AA-DY674/221431080657?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

now the one that went out six months ago was a parts store part. I think i had bought it like 10 years ago, and finally stuck it in about 1.5 years ago, back when i bought the quarterhorse. The wire in that one was competently gone.

i don't know what happened to this one. the seller has sold a bunch of them with no problems.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm just glad it only takes me like 15 minutes to get the plenum off.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did take a picture of it before i installed it, to show a friend the difference between the one i took out. It does look like a legit act sensor. i think i just got a dud, or messed up the install somehow i guess. i didn't waste time using my sensor socket to install it without taking the plenum off, even though i think i can do it without taking the plenum off.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks, i will take a look at it next week when the new one comes in.

I did halfway clean the connector with some brake cleaner and a straw, but i could scrap on it a bit with this pointed punch i have.

I just went ahead and ordered another one from the guy. I will inspect this one a bit better, when the new one comes in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts