Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want an ac eliminator kit that doesnt move the power steering up, i want that area to have free space, does anyone have a suggestion of one to look at, either a tensioner relocator or a light weight idler, is the march one good? how does it work?

·
Registered
26 Posts
got me on that one¿....I did mine just the way ford did the 1993 cobra r... They might have it that way for a reason.....

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how is that? how did they do it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Its just how you dont want it with the power steering up but truthfuly for a street car I dont see any other way...but there could be>>>>anyone know???? oh and you are save-N space for??¿¿ or do you just want your car to look different witch is hard sometimes with us 5.0 owners.....

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had the march one on my 88 coupe. I thought it was a really slick setup with the aluminum BBK underdrive pullies. I ran it without a smog pump or AC pump with the march tensioner relocator. March gives you the belt part numbers to run with the different combos. They even show you how to set it up to run without the power steering pump too! I liked it.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Or you can just get an alternator bracket from march (with an udjastable tension rod) and get get rid of the AC and the tensioner. You don't even need an AC delete.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, can some of you guys post pics to give me examples of the ac eliminators, thanks

·
Registered
307 Posts
Or you could do it like mine and have the alt where the ac is, and leave the ps alone. I used a 40" ish belt, nothing on the driver's side. I don't have any pictures yet because I don't have a digital camera....but I can help you with the setup if you like.

·
Registered
49 Posts
How about this??

All it cost me was 19.00 for a belt.!!!!!!

·
Registered
655 Posts

Here's my march set up, its not a good angle but you get the idea...

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Has anyone used the UPR AC eliminator. I need a pulley there for the KB I am going to install.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
motorcitymustang
do you think you could explain exactly how you disassembled the tensioner, and also where you drilled the hole, hole size? it would be greatly appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
To disassemble you remove the bolt and pry the retainer plate free. On reassembly I never could get the plate reseated all the way so it's simple bolted back in place.

I can get the location for you tomorrow. I've been meaning to do this for some time now and just never remember when I'm out in the garage. I can't remember the size but it was a regular drill bit size. Can be sized from the current hole.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
here is a pic of the URP a/c eliminator

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
ok..so that dosnt work either...WTF

just click the link and search for my name

:confused:

·
Registered