Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys who have done this, how long did it take you? I am going to do this this weekend sometime but have things i have to do also and was looking for an idea as to how long it took yall, please give me some idea. its the kit where the powersteering goes to where the ac was.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
ac delete kit made by FORD

doesnt take very long to do the job, the main thing is getting the right belt and you might have to replace the slip on hose on the power stering for a longer hose.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not think it would, so thanks, any estimate as to how long it took you over all? thanks.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I just used the March A/C delete kit and it took me about 20-30 minutes just because I eliminated all the A/C lines

·
Registered
386 Posts
I put the Ford A/C delete kit on mine (which relocates the P/S pump). If you are going to take apart the A/C lines you will need a special tool (or you can just hacksaw them like I did if you never plan to sell your car). The only problem I had was one of the long bolts that went into the engine block was seized, and when I finally got it out, it actually unscrewed the threaded sleeve in the block. So I had to go to the HW store and get a big bolt, hacksaw it a little shorter, and use that instead of the old one. As for how long, here were my approx times (I tend to go slow, so I don't screw up too bad):
1. Remove A/C - 45 minutes (this DID NOT include removing the radiator and getting rid of the condensor - add an hour or so if you plan on this, drain coolant, remove fan, remove radiator...rip out condensor...then replace everything).
2. Put on new bracket and move P/S pump up - 30 minutes (not counting trip to HW store).
3. Install new belt - 5 minutes.

My guess from start to finish would be 2-3 hours.

I really like the way it cleaned up the engine bay, and the FMS kit makes your car exactly like it would have come from the factory with the A/C delete option (if purchased new).

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i should expect about 3 hours if i am lucky and do not hit too much trouble, thanks guys.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I put the Ford Motorsport A/C delete kit on my car last saturday (moves p/s up). I suppose it took me about 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours total, including messing with the stupid belt, which of course the parts store gave me the wrong one.

It's really easy, just piddly crap like messing with the belt and seized bolts take the most time.

Makes the engine bay look a lot less cluttered too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts