Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I just put an AC delete on my 2001 Mustang GT. Well now it does not want to start and it throws a P1000 code. Well everywhere I look for this code it gives me a different answer. Well when I installed the kit I took the canister that is on the fire wall and all lines to it off, including the sensor that was on there. I also removed the line and sensor going from the pump to the condenser (the part in front of the radiator, I am asuming that is the name of the part). There is a senor that is located on the block where the AC pully is located, I tried starting it with AND without that plugged in NOTHING. I also tried starting it with AND without the 2 sensors on the 2 different lines NOTHING.. I figured I might have blown a fuse, nope they are all good. Thought maybe I accidently umplugged somthing NOPE. I even though just MAYBE I put the belt on wrong. Nope it was right..Everything is where it should be.. Atleast I THOUGHT so.. there HAS to be something I am missing.. Its eather a simple fix.. or somthing major.. ANY help would be SOO awsome.. Thanks for reading this.. Hope to hear back..

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
you sure you got the the crank position sensor plugged in correctly?
Its the sensor right next to where the a/c compressor was going into the timing cover

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
OK so that is the crank position sensor? With the plug there is only one way it will go on right?? Sorry I am not a compete dumba$$ I just nevre did this on a mustang before. Even if someone knows where I can get the answer or MIGHT be able to get it would be awsome..

Also could the Crank Position Sensor have been shorted out? Due to the shop closing earlier that posted, I didnt even think about disconnecting the battery. With that plug, can you plug it it "backwards"? and what do I wo with the plugs for the other sensors? just leave them alone? or plug the sensors back in and just let them hang?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts