Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one installed Anti Lock Brakes in a 1965-1966 Mustang? I will be using a doner 1999+ mustang and want to know if its possible? I am not sure but I believe the ABS system is independent of the other engine management systems, can anyone confirm? I think the only challenge would be installing the wheel sensors, other than that I think it would be some wiring and brake line plumbing. I doubt it can be that easy because I can't find any information that says is has been done.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I am no expert but a novice starting the same project on my 1990.

Beyond the sensors and the wiring, you need to install the exciter rings on the hubs/axles. I had to change my setup to the '94 axles in the back and the '94+ spindles/hubs in the front. I think this may be the trickiest on the '65-'66.

I believe but cannot confirm that the '98 talks to the engine EEC. I think '97 was the last year that can be used.

There is a good article in the tech section that will walk you through the steps.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, It has been cut up and all of the usable parts have been saved. Let me know if you would like to see some pictures. Are you still available to do some welding?

·
Formerly known as 89 steeda
734 Posts
Ya I wouldn't mind seeing it agian,what's left anyway! And yes on the welding.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pictures

I sent a few pictures of the car to your Yahoo account, did you get them?

·
Formerly known as 89 steeda
734 Posts
Yes,sorry I sent you a reply but it was returned,I am having some PC problems right now.I saved them too.I showed them to my wife and she about cryed!!!!She said I could have fixed it if I wanted to!!??!!WTF!Please keep me posted.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Based on the condition of the car when I began to dissasable it, the roof was the only salvageable part. Rodents had been living in the entire under frame and the rust would have been impossible to get out completely. I should have the car I am working on now ready for some exhaust welding in a few months. I will send you an e-mail once I get closer to completion.

Thanks Again,
Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts