Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on getting the rotating assembly balanced but I was just wondering if it makes a difference having the flywheel and the dampener balanced along with it...if so how would I determine whether neutral 28 oz or 50 oz. is best???

Im not really too sure exactly how balancing works and what the differences are so I hope this makes some kind of sense...

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
You can have the compnay you are getting it from balance it with a flywheel and balancer they have but it is always nice to have it done with the parts that you will be using.

Neutral is best for a high revving motor but will cost a lot more an additonal $400mplus over a regular balance job. I would go 28oz if you don't mind getting a new flywheel and balancer, they will have to take less material out out of the crank.

To balance the motor they match the entire assembly up, rods, piston and wristpin/clips, crank, etc... they have to drill holes in the weights on the crank, or if you zero balnce the motor they add pieces of mallory which is a metal, pricey as well.

Hope that helps a little, I am not sure where you are getting your rotating assembly but I'd suggest checking out Brian Adams, he has the best pricing and service around, great guy. He can get you a cast or Fordged kit [email protected] www.ADperformance.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts