Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see you guys talking about PI head swaps and I also see that later years have PI heads.......so are these heads OEM heads?? Is'nt there any after market heads for the 4.6?? If so are the PI heads better than aftermarket heads??? I mean the 4.6 has been out since like '96 right?? I guess i'm just a little used to the LS1 slection of heads. I know the 5.0 has quite a few diffrent heads to choose from, so why not the 4.6??

·
Registered
271 Posts
Basically you have the PI heads which come stock on the 99+ GT's, which have better port design and so on. By putting the PI heads on your 96-98, you will be increasing your compression to 11:1 which is good for NOS, bad for Boost. There is an alternative and that is the FRPP 4.6 Heads which keep the compression on the 96-98's but increase flow and Hp. There is much more to it, however that basically tells you your choices. You can generally pick up a set from the "classifieds" section on Corral for around 500 - 600.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so those are the only options then, anyone know why choices are so limited??There is a ton of stangs in the roads you would think someone would eat up that market!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
A lot of companies take the PI heads and do their own custom porting, valve job, and cams. Everyone seems to have a Stage I, II, and III. I talked with the guys at Fastlane motorsports outside Raleigh, NC and they have a set with cams going for $1600. Motorsport without cams are going for $1700.

It's a long story but Fastlane is at www.trueblueperformance.com

the moderator, Tim, totally believes in their work.

Pitchar

1 - 4 of 4 Posts