Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few weeks ago there was someone advertising e7 heads that had the exhaust ported to the square port gaskets.

i'm thinking about a set & would like to get in touch with the person that had them but i can't find the ad anywhere (yes i have done a search allready:) )

thanks!!!

·
Old timer
5,988 Posts
Why????????????/

Ported stock heads are only a deal if you....

1) Do all the work yourself....
..........and do it corectly!

2) Get a friend to do it for free.....
..........and he knows how to do it correctly!

3) If you replace everything with new, quality pieces including the valves, valve guides, retainers, locks and springs "and" you get them for under $100 (not likely in the real world)

Ported stock heads are false economy, so unless you need them for class rules or whatever, your money is better spent getting a used set of aluminum or even the GT40P heads if you want inexpensive and powerful iron heads....

Ed

·
Registered
92 Posts
You might be talking about Thumper460's ad. Search for his name. They outflow GT40's and Mid 12's arent uncommon with them. I personally know of a 12.6 with them matched to a trickflow street and a B cam, w/ 3.55's in the rear. The guy posts on here.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
xcrucialsx88gt, thanks that's what i was looking for

Ed Curtis said:
Ported stock heads are false economy, so unless you need them for class rules or whatever, your money is better spent getting a used set of aluminum or even the GT40P heads if you want inexpensive and powerful iron heads....
and i suppose that i should have you port them too, eh :confused: :confused: :confused: j/k :lol: :lol: :lol:

i only said that i was thinking about them not that i was going to rush out tomowwor & buy them. from personal experience i know that ported stock heads can & will be able to achieve my perforamnce goals & then there's the bragging rights of being able to make power with stock components, a friend of mine's combo is ported stock intake, heads & stock cam along with all the usual boltons & his makes ~300rwhp so it can be done (i won't dispute that he would have been able to make more power with aftermarket parts though)

·
Old timer
5,988 Posts
racenutz said:
...and i suppose that i should have you port them too, eh
Nope, I wouldn't steal your money or anything like that... I'd rather tell you to get a better value, "new" aluminum heads. Then again, if you want to use the worn out stock junk valvetrain in a set of "ground up" E7's, I'm sure you can find a set or two for sale somewhat cheap. That's cheap until something "used" breaks off in your engine and costs you a shortblock.... :rolleyes:

i only said that i was thinking about them not that i was going to rush out tomowwor & buy them. from personal experience i know that ported stock heads can & will be able to achieve my perforamnce goals & then there's the bragging rights of being able to make power with stock components, a friend of mine's combo is ported stock intake, heads & stock cam along with all the usual boltons & his makes ~300rwhp so it can be done (i won't dispute that he would have been able to make more power with aftermarket parts though)
Yup, been there, done that.... like 4-5 years ago with Cosby's car. Only thing is that he went mid-elevens, not mid to high twelves.... Oh and BTW, any serious F/S car can do it on radials!!!! Not cheap though!!!

Ed

·
Registered
358 Posts
gaskets.......

I use the Mr Gasket "Soft Seal" it is as large as most all headers, and you can by them at almost any Discount Auto/Pep Boys or local speed shops.... Cool??:D

Just me..........................

Thumper

·
Registered
358 Posts
gaskets.......

I use the Mr Gasket "Soft Seal" it is as large as most all headers, and you can by them at almost any Discount Auto/Pep Boys or local speed shops.... Cool??:D They are 1.515 in tall and 1.135 wide!!

Just me..........................

Thumper

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Thumper460 could you please send any all info you have on those heads to [email protected] thanks!!!

Ed Curtis said:
Nope, I wouldn't steal your money or anything like that... I'd rather tell you to get a better value, "new" aluminum heads. Then again, if you want to use the worn out stock junk valvetrain in a set of "ground up" E7's, I'm sure you can find a set or two for sale somewhat cheap. That's cheap until something "used" breaks off in your engine and costs you a shortblock.... :rolleyes:
yeah i know that some people like to screw others on used parts but i wouldn't be afraid to use rebuilt & ported E7's were done by someone that knew what they doing IMHO that would be better then getting a set of aftermarket heads that have 20K miles on them (on that topic, i really don't understand people that try & sell used parts for just as much or more than what you buy them new for)

also, i'm quite sure that Thumper460 really doesn't appriciate the service that he's selling to be described that way.

Ed Curtis said:
Yup, been there, done that.... like 4-5 years ago with Cosby's car. Only thing is that he went mid-elevens, not mid to high twelves.... Oh and BTW, any serious F/S car can do it on radials!!!! Not cheap though!!!
actually Mr. Cosby's car was my friend's inspiration to see how well he could get similar setup to run. i will ad that his runs were on on street tires (not drag radials) with a roadracing suspension.

isn't it kind of strange that 4-5 years ago you built a 300rwhp car using stock parts & today most setups are bearly able to equal or exceede that #

BTW, i really hate the mac (the keyboard susks) that i'm using at the moment :mad:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Info..

Cool...info's on the way!!

Just me.....................................

Thumper :D

·
Registered
469 Posts
Gasket matching on these heads are a waste of time. If you want iron get a set of GT40P heads. I bought a bare set a few years ago for $99 each. But, factor in the cost of a good valve job, machining for decent seals, and quality valves, springs retainers and locks. Don't let anyone kid you, by the time you are done with that you could be running a good aluminum head. Save your money for a good set of heads. Don't compare what Thumper460 has to offer to what Cosby did.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts