Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody..
I was wondering, the mach1 is simply a detuned (well.. that's what they say at least.. but I'd hardly call 12.9's stock detuned...more like... retuned but anyways) 4v Cobra motor, so it shouldn't have problems finding parts to mod it with... however is the new hood shaker intake going to get in the way?
will it still be possible to run a super or turbo charger? or pullies? or everything else for that matter?
these may be obvious questions but i'd appreciate any answers... I plan on going to put a deposit down on one of these bad boys so I can grab one when they roll off in the fall (?), I just love the way they look, and there is just something about being able to say you drive a Mach 1 that is appealing... should be about 27 - 28k from what I understand... anyone else heard anything about the price?

but I wouldn't want to buy one if I couldn't do some extensive modifications later.
anyways thanks everybody, much appreciated!.. take it easy.
~Nate

·
Registered
30 Posts
i think the cmpression is higher on a mach 1 than on a GT or cobra, something around 10 to 1??? but with the shaker hood, supercharging is still an option because i saw a magazine article where paul's high performance offered a drag pack GT that incorporated the shaker hood with a blown and aftercooled Vortech. Later

·
Registered
243 Posts
i believe all pre 03' cobras had around 10:1 compression. From what i have read the but some more torque aggressive cams in a basic 4v cobra motor. as far as modding, you should still be able to add anything that you could to a regular cobra/gt.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
IMHO the Mach 1's might be the most collectible Mustangs made in a long time. Even so, If I had one I would drive it. I might limit the mods to a hi flo X pipe with cats, for a few ponies, and maybe a shifter. Whatever you change, it will be very important to save every nut and bolt from the origional parts.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well a car with as much potential as the mach 1 should be tweaked if you ask me. besides I really don't plan on selling the car anytime soon.. and by the time I am... well I sure as hope I don't need the couple extra grand i'd get for a stock h pipe....

on a side note anyone heard anything a bit more concrete on the price? i've been hearing 27 - 28k.

So I plan on mod'ing it, but maybe that's just me.... what's the point of having a new toy if you can't play with it?
why live? you just might die.

~Nate

·
Registered
116 Posts
WHAT THE MACH 1

What kinda stang is this??? is it faster than 03 Cobra??:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts