Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone!

I am in the process of assembling my 331 A4 stroker. I went to pick up my cam today & somebody asked me what I was doing about the steam holes in the block for the heads.

I never realized they werent there, so when I got home I looked at my block & saw there are none. Now I'm at a stand still untill I figure out whats up.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Rob:confused:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am in the process of assembling me 331 A4 stroker. I went to pick up my cam today & somebody asked me what I was doing about the steam holes in the block for the heads.

I never realized they werent there, so when I got home I looked at my block & saw that at there are none. Now I'm at a stand still untill I figure out whats up.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

The A4 has full water jackets. It does not need, nor does it use steam holes. The individual who asked you this must have thought you were using an R302 block. This is a siamesed block and DOES use steam holes. If you are using an A4, then don't look for steam holes. There are none.

Mitch

·
Registered
862 Posts
my 70 boss 302 block has steam holes. i didnt think those were siamesed bore? is the steam hole thing always true?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Re: Re: A4 Block... (Steam holes)

MitchB said:
I am in the process of assembling me 331 A4 stroker. I went to pick up my cam today & somebody asked me what I was doing about the steam holes in the block for the heads.

I never realized they werent there, so when I got home I looked at my block & saw that at there are none. Now I'm at a stand still untill I figure out whats up.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

The A4 has full water jackets. It does not need, nor does it use steam holes. The individual who asked you this must have thought you were using an R302 block. This is a siamesed block and DOES use steam holes. If you are using an A4, then don't look for steam holes. There are none.

Mitch
You are absolutely right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts