Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jordan at Modular Head Shop just sent an update on my Gen 3 heads. Said they should ship out with the blower grind cams in the next week or so. Also got an update from Whipple, the 3.8 is expected to ship at the end of this week.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Helmet
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Gas Bumper Automotive exterior
Wheel Automotive tire White Hubcap Automotive design

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A little more work this week. Have decided not to install the heads and cams just yet, as I'm limited by the factory shortblock. So a new shortblock will get built for an all out max effort. In the meantime I still wanted to get a few passes in this season. Still have the triple fuel pumps and feed and return lines to run, and it'll be ready to run. Changing belts is going to be a pain.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Engineering Auto part
Vehicle Hood Car Light Blue
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Engineering

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The engine is back together and running. Having an issue with the throttle body and the torque management in the computer. Does not like WOT and wants to go to limp mode. But…. on a positive note, it did make over 800hp and 842ftlbs @5100. I’m confident once the computer issue is figured out, this thing will be a beast!
Hood Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,384 Posts
Beautiful exhaust layout. First time I’ve seen under one of these. NICE. Yeah the belt routing is a bit of a bigger indeed. Looks great though.

Reactions: Rommel77

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still having an issue with the throttle body, will probably send it back to whipple and exchange for another. Tuner said he’s trying not to blow the factory shortblock, and said he’s taken as much timing out as possible and it just wants to make power. Really impressed with the 3.8. Can’t wait to see what it does with a purpose built long block.
Rectangle Font Slope Line Parallel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts