Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok theres a few small problems i have with my car right now, im running an O/R pipe and for the longest time my SES light was on (3months or so) finally got MIL's and they seemed to cure the problem. Before, without the Mil's when i disconnected my battery the Light would only stay off for an hr at most. Now the light, twice, has stayed off for about a week then came bak on, also, my car is idling ruff, dropping to 500 for 5 seconds then to 1000 for 5 seconds and has even stalled on me a few times. Well, the question is when i had the guy at my dads dealership put on the MIL's, he said he "shortened" them b/c they wouldnt fit. Did this perhaps ruin them? I just reset the comp and brought my timing back to 14 degrees and am runnning 92 octane, took the car for a short spin and it seems to idle much smoother (750) but sounds like it misses every 3 seconds or so, but no loss in power when driving. Ok last thing, the car has always idled a little weird after i did the C&L install but i have checked for leaks and tightened all the bolts/screws so i dont know what it is.....any ideas?

cliff notes: my car has these anoying things that wont go away read the post :)

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Take the C&L off and see if it changes the idle. If it does, there's your problem. You have to troubleshoot one thing at a time.

·
Registered
352 Posts
You should go to an auto parts store and get the code pulled. That will help a great amount in diagnosing the problem. Seems as the C&L meters are hit and miss.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts