Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few people wanted to see how i had my relay mounted. So i took some more pics. I have also taken some pics of battery kill-switch for the battery in the trunk. Here they are:

This is just a front shot of the fan.

The pic doesn't accurately show how much room i have between the back of the fan motor and my blower crank pulley. I have at least a 1/4", but it looks really close in the pic.

This pic is just showing the Bosch 75amp relay with the wiring. I used all 10guage wire for both power and ground. One of them coming out is a ground(didn't have black 10guage) so don't get confused. I am getting power from the battery via the 4guage wire coming from the kill-switch in the trunk to the alternator. I used a 200amp breaker inline with that. The small red wire in the back of the relay is going to the aircraft toggle switch inside the car and also to the fuse panel for the 12V key-on power source.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are the couple of pics of my Moroso battery cut-off switch. I know many people don't like the handle of the switch showing outside the car, and a few have mounted it behind the license plate and shimmed the license plate out about an 1". Here is a solution to that problem.

I mounted my switch where the striker for the hatch or trunk is mounted on. You just have to remove the back plastic at the rear of the car to get access to it. You also have to remove your license plate. I drilled a hole in the side of this bracket just big enuff to squeeze the switch inside. Then i just put the nut on the other side and tightened it down.

Here you can see the switch mounted with the handle inside the bracket.

A real bad shot of me trying to get a pic from the outside rear of the car looking into the car at the switch handle. I just made a T-handle to use for my push/pull cut-off switch. The hardest part is drilling the hole thru the back to be perfectly in the center of the switch inside, measure a few times before drilling. I will get more pics if anyone is interested.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts