Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of questions concerning my 351w. First of all im missing my cam thrust plate bolts, can i just use a regular 1/4 20 bolts? and how about the oil pump retaining bolts? I don't have those either, what size are they and what can i use for them also. By the way one other question, in the lifter valley on the back there is this bung that sticks up with a hole that appears to be in to the oil galleys, but no threads or anything. Do I do anything with that besides clean it?
Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
The cam thrust plate bolts are unique thin head bolts, Required because a regular headed bolt may hit the timing gear. Do not use regular 1/4 20 bolts. You can get them at your Ford dealer or a JY. The oil pump bolts are 3/8 NC, unsure of the length. Not sure of your next question, is there a soft plug in the hole? Is it on the intake manifold sealing surface or down in the lifter valley?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No there is now plug in the hole at all and it is not on the intake sealing surface its down in the valley. Thanks for the other two answers, so i can use a regular bolt for the oil pump though?
Ryan

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I've seen that thing on 351C blocks, but don't know what it's for. As for the oil pump, I think the factory uses grade 8 bolts for the oil pump, so any comparable bolt would be fine. BTW, The pickup to pump bolts are 5/16"NC X 7/8" long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts