Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95GT that is quickly becomeing a 95 cobra "r" code clone. I am toying with the idea of removing the A/C out of the car. i know thay FRPP sell a A/C delete kit (basically a pulley) is it hard to remove the complete system (i.e. condenser and lines) also will this clean up the engine compartment alot, (less clutter?). Thanks in advance for all the help you guys can offer!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I took mine out. Very easy job. I got the frpp a/c delete kit. Youwill also need a line connector seperator, you can get a whole set for under 10 dollars at an auto parts store.

Good luck.:)

·
Registered
713 Posts
What if you have the pully already bipassed with a shorter belt? Can I just remove the compressor from the bay? or do i need to plug any AC lines?

I am tossed up between putting in a new compressor (my current one is toast) and removing it all together.

I will need major help myself, with whichever path I choose.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It is a real easy job. I think that you can run a shorter belt, but I don't know which one.

I took mine out for the same reason, my compressor went bad.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
AC delete

Don95Vert-
The AC delete kit is for my 94Cobra, I'm putting my AC back in this summer.

last5Liter- If you haven't discharged an AC before have a reputable shop do it for you. Not only will they recapture the 134 refrigerent, i.e. environment, but they will cap your lines for you, and possibly save you from getting burned, literally, from the evacuating 134. Also, the accumulator/dryer line must be capped immediately or you will be replacing it if you bring your AC back on line again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.