Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had an '03 swap done on my '98 Cobra. Runs great for the most part but i have an a/c issue. Works great when i first start it up but after i drive for a while..then stop for a short period of time and start up again...NO A/C! It can take up to 15-20 minutes for it to start working again. Anyone have any ideas on what could cause this? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
10,681 Posts
check your E fans. they working properly? air HAS to pass over the condensor for it to work properly, when not moving, if the AC is cold while cruisin down the road, and its not cold anymore once you stop, this could be a reason.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TTT

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that is the problem. I have a moroso IC tank and Fluidyne radiator and the condensor is between the two. Anyone else had this problem and know of any ways to get some air moving over the condensor? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,681 Posts
I am running a fluidyne in my 95. air is ice cold. sorry I am not of much more help.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks just the same. I don't think the radiator or the IC tank is the problem in and of itself. It's the location of the condensor being between the two and not getting sufficient air across it. Anyone else seen this happen or know of a cure? I'm in SoCal and A/C is a must!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts