Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
reading through an old aussie mag last night, seen a 99 stang with a 6.7L sohc v10 in it, as it goes through it said it was fairly simple fitted in nicly, they retained the standard cross member. what i need to know is what is this motor out of, how much power does it make stock and is it really as simple as it said. anyone know of a person or people who have done this. ty

·
Registered
221 Posts
well I say a V10 but it was a 4.6 with 2 cylinders added on and it vame to a 5.7. That one made well into the 400 HP range. I imagine the extra liter would add a lot more power and insane amounts of torque.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
How'd they get to 6.7L's? (I couldn't access the site from work)

·
Registered
46 Posts
3.55" x 4.16" (bore x stroke) x10 = 6.8L (415 CID) Depending on where you round off the decimal point. Stock dimensions for a Triton V-10. Kind of like the debate on a Ford 302. Some call it a 4.9L, others 5.0L.

Randy

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Well, I'll just stick to what Ford calls it...6.8L. It's a bit misleading calling it 6.7L. Sounds like someone bored and stroked a 5.8L V10. Admittedly, that would be alot of boring and stroking!

BTW, dozens of people have done this.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anymore places to find info on these swaps, are the motors expensive or hard to get, Ford Triton V10 SOHC, 6.8L 415CID 310hp, 425t

BV10 Motors Triton V10 SOHC 6.9L 422 CID, 550hp 625t but this one is s/c, im guessing thaey stroked it doesnt say much.

in this auz mag the v10 makes 300kw (400hp) 440ft's and wen s/c it should make 400kw (535hp)800nm not sure wat that is in foot pounds

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey. im new here.. not to sure how old this post is... just thought id through in my $0.02... iv done/am Still doing, this v10 mustang swap. its not all that hard todo.. you just need the funds to do so it tends to get quite pricey. like lets say you need the under hood wireing... its anyware between $500usd-$650usd from ford. i got mine for $535. you Can score the engines them self on e-bay for anywhere from 500 bucks on up. i got mine for $810 with only 10k miles on it. but it was in a fire so i had to buy alot of new parts. btw mines a twin turbo 6.8L v10 swap into a 1980 capristang. if you would like to see pictures/more info on it feel free to goto my site and check it out... http://www.twin-turbo-v10-mustang.envy.nu . and let me know what you think... if you need to know anything and its not on my site or i didnt word it clearly feel free to ask and ill try to answer the best i can. btw iv got plenty of links on my sites main page for other v10 swaps. inclueding the banks v10 mustang... btw he Bored it out not stroked it to get 6.9L 422cid. welp thats all for now hope some of this helps you out.

-Bob.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'm not too impressed by the 422ci V10 that BV10 sells. It's tough to justify all that money and work into a motor that big and only puts down 550/625 with an 8lb twin screw blower.

A forged 03' Cobra with a KB blower will put that down and then some. I guess it depends on your taste for diversity (and cash flow).

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hey TTv10 Mustang... Just a thought, you might want to learn to use the spell-check feature when making your website... Or should I say "speel-chek feeture when makeing yur websight"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lol... yeah my html manager doesnt have that option.. plus i really dont care how teh spelling is.. as long as ppl can somewhat understand it... i type it out really fast dont feel liek spending more time then i have to on the site. if you noticed i dont even fix typos. plus it makes ppl trust that its my site. some ppl have doubts.. like my most noted typo is the word the (teh) hehe. its like a trade mark for me =P plus this aint a spelling bee.. its just to show ppl my car/how to do what i did.

-Bob the misspseller =P

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah bladzee.. keep in mind its a small blower, it fits Under the stock intake. and thats not dynoed numbers... thats just a guess. most v10 fords make around 600hp with low boost. with some more boost/a bigger blower it will make some mad power. maybe some good port work and some big valves and it will be all good... the stock intake is junk on them.... but then again i guess money comes to mind when you have to change all that crap. but hey. it costs to be diffrent.

-Bob.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts