Ford Mustang Forums banner

99 mustang gt convertible engine cranks no start theft flashing different with each key

3K views 29 replies 4 participants last post by  indy2000 
So a locksmith made prior owner a second key and supposedly programmed it as well. That key makes theft light flash rapidly. The original Ford key makes theft light flash once pause flash twice pause etc. the car will start on ethar but not with either key. No gas to fuel rail so I thought Ford had to be the one to reprogram everything together. Well they tried that and didn’t work so they cut 2 new Ford keys and tried to program them still same outcome. Has brand new fuel pump in it but not getting fuel to rail. Dealership called me said it would take another 4 hours or so to try and figure it out and $500 with no guarantee. Why can’t they see what’s wrong with their high dollar computer? Anybody else had this same exact problem if so please please for the love of god tell me because I’m ready to crush this car. Oh and I’m calling tow company and getting my car brought back today the bill is prolly around $700 right now and can’t tell me what the problem is I’m going to have a hard time giving them one damn dollar
I had the same issue after 3 weeks it waS the fuel line that connects to the fuel rail was blocked took it off and replaced it and car started

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.