Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Check the transceiver around the key, it’s probably broken. If not check all the fuses. Could also be the pats module on the cluster, is your odometer showing up or dashes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
284 Posts
Pats disables the fuel pump but not spark so that’s why it’ll run on ether.

Can you run codes? There will be codes when the car is disabled. I don’t know if there’s a way to test the module and the transceiver is located in the steering column around the key cylinder. The only way to check it is to visually inspect it for damage.

I doubt the dealer can diagnose it easily. The literature from that era probably isn’t easy to find nowadays.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I can run codes but I don’t have a real expensive one it was like $100 but I did that before I sent to dealer and there are no codes and check engine light isn’t on either.
You don’t necessarily need an expensive code reader to read all codes. I use an Elm327 dongle with the Forscan app on my phone and I get pretty much all codes that are thrown.

Does the check engine light come on if you turn the key to run and leave it there? If not there’s a fault with the ecu.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I honestly don’t know but I agree with Indy take it to someone who knows what they’re doing. Pats can be a pia to work on because it’s complicated. You can turn it off in a tune but I think you still need it to work before loading the new tune.

If I had to guess I’d say the cluster and ecu are vin locked to one another so if the ecu was replaced the pats module in the cluster wouldn’t allow the car to start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.