Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have my first decision to make regarding slicks.

As most of you know my car is lowered 2 1/2 inches, so my main concern is clearance.

I want to purchase a set of Pro-Star wheels and Slicks for the rear. I have NO IDEA where to start. I'm very worried about having any clearance, and want to know what size to use, without any rubbing.

I also want to know if there is a Street/Strip combo that I could use instead of a STRIP only. Something I could drive TO the track, and race on. (Other than DragRadials)

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
ET streets or hoosier quick time pro's just dont drive in the rain on either tire. They are known as cheeter slicks. 26x9x15

·
Registered
313 Posts
I run weld pro stars 15*10 with et street 26*11.5*15.
My car is also lowered and i have no rubbing.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You for the responses.

My stang is lowered QUITE A BIT more than yours 35th. I hope I still won't have any rubing issues. Everyone that has seen the car in person says there's no way, they won't rub. I hope to prove them wrong.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
silver35th said:
I run weld pro stars 15*10 with et street 26*11.5*15.
My car is also lowered and i have no rubbing.
His wheels are in his fender wheel, he cant go that wide 26x9.00x15 is what he needs to keep it from hitting the fender.

·
Registered
70 Posts
what about nittos? a step below the drag radial but decent in its own right.

silver35th.. how did you find your #'s for the 35? just curious cause mine is a 35th too...

·
Registered
368 Posts
My 99 has a two inch drop eibach road race springs and runs a 28x9 slick/ 28 11.50 ET Streets out back with the cheapy 165's up front. There was a bit more involed to get what I have but it fits and looks good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts