Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my previous thread I thought it was cracked intake. Others said it was head gasket. The really bad news it that it's neither. The head was taken to a machine shop to check it out b/c the gasket was intact. There is a pin hole by the exhaust valve where coolant is leaking. They said it wasn't a crack, but a tiny pin hole. Perhaps it was just the crappy aluminum they use on the head or what??? Any ideas. Getting a bare head and having everything else swapped out to new head. I take very good care of the car and it sees very little racing. I'm quite disappointed with my car right now. Only 5yrs. old and 66K miles is pretty sad. My two previous 5.0's saw much more abuse and with well over 100k and nothing like this ever happened. I really hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Yup, I agree. This should be a Warranty issue and a good dealer should be able to work that in somehow.
Wouldn't hurt to check before you spent big bucks.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I don't think this is a fluke - I've seen a lot of posts on here about head problems. My nightmare was having a poor seal at my head hasket, causing an oil leak.
Unless you have an extended warranty I wouldn't expect Ford to pick this one up.

BTW, I agree with your 5.0L comment - thanks for posting this - it will help others check this if they get a coolant leak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts