Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mods are below. Im just trying to decide if i should order the HP regrind cams or the longtubes next. Which would give me better results? Any advice would help alot.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
LONGTUBES FIRST

Yea, I'd say go with the LTs first. When you go for cams, it would be smart to upgrade your valve springs, since you would have your heads off, might as well do a little P&P, etc. Good luck.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I don't think you have to remove the heads to swap cams/springs.

P&P is a good idea though.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I did'nt think you had to remove the heads either, since they are right there on top, but a mechanic friend and dealership said ya do:confused: Did'nt really believe the dealership though.

·
Registered
410 Posts
LTs, the Hookers are available for GTs not Cobras.
Once your break the engine seal, the idea is if you are in there, then you might as well put this in, upgrade that, port those......$$$$$. I am weighing the options right now on what to do.

Is this true:
cams demand a good tuner to avoid the idle problems, which can lead to problems. LTs wouldn't hurt anything but without a chip probably wouldn't take full advantage of them. (except if they suck the oil out of car)

·
Registered
998 Posts
According to his sig, he already has P&P and a 3 angle valve job.

Go with long tube headers first. They will have less of an effect on drivability than the cams (hopefully!)

·
Registered
364 Posts
J98GT said:
According to his sig, he already has P&P and a 3 angle valve job.
:lol:

Guess some people don't read very well.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright longtubes it is. I think i might go with the bbk longtubes. I plan on getting a dyno tune sometime soon. I want to get some descent number n/a.

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
highmiles said:
Is this true:
cams demand a good tuner to avoid the idle problems, which can lead to problems. LTs wouldn't hurt anything but without a chip probably wouldn't take full advantage of them. (except if they suck the oil out of car)
Depends on the cams and their specs. Some cams require tuning due to large duration numbers on the intake side. Most of the more streetable grinds don't require special tuning to make them work. They'll idle just fine without tuning.

·
Registered
410 Posts
What are stock 2001 Cobra Cam specs?

I got absolutely no replies on my Cobra cam questions the other night. Didn't think I would, but gave it a try.

thanks.

·
Registered
410 Posts
duration and CLs of both intake and exhaust, is exactly what i am looking for.

you can post it, PM, or email me. or send me a reference, i don't mind doing the research.

thanks for the info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts