Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 with all the bolt-ons, tremec trany,4.10's,full exhust. What cam would you recommend? I'm thinking Comp Cams xe270ah? But heard there was valve clearance problems? Any info or sound clips would greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Josh

·
Registered
733 Posts
you can buy cam gears from anyone that sells ford parts... 96-98 had removable gears, 99-00 didn't, and 01+ do... just go to a ford parts department or someone that deals in ford parts, and tell them that you want cam sprockets for a 96-98 or 01+.

brad

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
187import said:
I have a 03 with all the bolt-ons, tremec trany,4.10's,full exhust. What cam would you recommend? I'm thinking Comp Cams xe270ah? But heard there was valve clearance problems? Any info or sound clips would greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Josh
I have been hearing about these piston to valve issues lately. My guess is that the Romeo motors must have flat top pistons or something. Here is one guy that had issues with those cams.
http://www.modularmustangs.net/showthread.php?threadid=1416

·
Registered
670 Posts
Mustang92 (bill putman) gained 20rwhp untuned from stage 1 vt engine cams. That sounds pretty good to me. I think sean hyland claims 10 rwhp from there n/a cams.

Josh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts