Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to this page! I’ve had a problem for the last couple days where I keep getting this chirping noise whenever I turn on the car and start driving ( 99 mustang GT ) I’ve changed the serpentine belt, idler pulley, and also a brand new tensioner and it still keep chirping! Any ideas ?? I need to get this fixed !

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello, new to this page! I’ve had a problem for the last couple days where I keep getting this chirping noise whenever I turn on the car and start driving ( 99 mustang GT ) I’ve changed the serpentine belt, idler pulley, and also a brand new tensioner and it still keep chirping! Any ideas ?? I need to get this fixed !
Do you have a manual? Does it go away when you depress the clutch pedal?
Its a auto, we just changed out the water pump too just because it bearings on that were really bad to, but the chirping sound is still there

· Registered
529 Posts
So you changed belt, tensioner, idlers and water pump. Time to open the hood, and really listen to see where you hear it from. Probably will be the Alternator bearings then, or something wacky with one of the remaining pulleys. First step has to be to listen, and try to pinpoint the source.

· Registered
504 Posts
So you changed belt, tensioner, idlers and water pump. Time to open the hood, and really listen to see where you hear it from. Probably will be the Alternator bearings then, or something wacky with one of the remaining pulleys. First step has to be to listen, and try to pinpoint the source.
I agree. If it goes away when you spray it with belt lube then that is either one HUGE coincidence or it's coming from a remaining pulley or bearing up front.

When you changed out the water pump due to the bearings, was it seizing up or did it have excessive play? And was that before, after, or at the same time as when you changed the belt/tensioner/idler?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.