Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, when are these companies gonna get their heads out of their asses and start making 3 inch exhausts for 87-93 Stangs. I don't want the Mac exhaust because I want a straight thru muffler. I like the race magnums but Walker (Dynomax) only makes a 3 inch kit for 99-01 cobra's.

Should it be that hard for my exhaust guy to make this fit? He is pretty good.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
It is impossible as far as I know. The way it can fit a 3 inch exhaust under a 99+ cobra is because it goes underneith the IRS instead of over the axle and around the fuel tank like on fox and sn-95 cars. It is just really hard to fit 3 inch pipes on fox cars because 2 1/2's are almost too big.. I have melted fuellines and the fuel tank cover with 2 1/2's because they are so close to everything.. I can just imagine how bad it would be with 3 inch pipes. if you have a 3 exhaust most people just dump them because the pipes are too hard to fit without rubbing. if you like the 3 inch look, just buy some 3 inch stainless tips... you can get them as long as 3 1/2 - 4 feet which is long enough to weld them up without seeing where they attach (I know, stainless tips are big $$$$) and have them welded to your LX tailpipes.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts