Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off, big thanks to Chris00GT for brining the whole valve cover situation to my attention

Chris00GT said:
I'm assuming you have a 99GT, with that in mind 98 valve covers won't work on the 99-00GT, but on the 01+'s. Your going to have the cut the oil fill tube down so the plastic intake tube will have clearace to connect too the throttle body.
what have people with 99-00 stangs been doing about a oil cap after chopping down the stock spout?? I imagine it would be quite easy to get a small rubber sleeve with a couple clamps and be done with it but has anyone come up with someting a little more "finished" or asethetically pleasing?

and if someone knows the part number off hand for the alternator plug adapter off hand that would be great

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
I doing my intake swap next week. I got the plug from pa-performance.It was 31.50 plus shipping.

6G to 4G Plug Only
F. Wires & Plugs - Ford
Part # PA462802D $31.50 Each
Suggested Retail Price: $49.95
YOU SAVE $18.45!
Bullitt Intake Manifold Conversions
For anyone performing a Bullitt Mustangâ Intake Manifold Conversion

this is straight from their site.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
99DECHGT said:
first off, big thanks to Chris00GT for brining the whole valve cover situation to my attention

what have people with 99-00 stangs been doing about a oil cap after chopping down the stock spout?? I imagine it would be quite easy to get a small rubber sleeve with a couple clamps and be done with it but has anyone come up with someting a little more "finished" or asethetically pleasing?

and if someone knows the part number off hand for the alternator plug adapter off hand that would be great
Initially I used a rubber cap, but my brother made me a killer polished aluminum one. He put grooves in it and it has 2 o-rings and fits rather nicely. It compliemnts the valve covers well with the addition of the manifold. Let me know if you are interested I could probably get him to make another. Later Ron

·
Registered
238 Posts
I used some black resin mix sold at RV stores to repair holding tanks. It looks very similar to what is used to attach the tube to the cover from the factory. Cut a section out of the center of the tube being sure to leave the threads for the cap intact in the top section of the tube. Just mix the stuff up, brush some on the 2 parts, then wrap a small piece of fiberglass matting around the parts(this comes with the resin kit), then brush more over the top to cover up the matting. As long as you put this on neatly, it looks factory.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.