Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the ATI goes on in less than a month, what should I expect? I'm hoping for 12's and 340 rwhp. Is that too much or too little, what do you think?

·
Registered
906 Posts
at 10#'s boost with stock heads you wont see more than 300-310 RWHP and that is with good exhaust from headers back and little bolt ons. Now, I hope your not giving it more boost than that.

340 rwhp :lol: not without better heads or atleast you 98 heads worked on.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I think you might just see those numbers:D On my totally stock 97 Cobra, I got 405 RWHP. And that was with an uncalibrated Lightning MAF. Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I hope you get those numbers cause I am planning to install an ATI on my '02 soon. My buddy has an ATI on his 98 running 10 psi. He hasn't dynoed it but I have had the chance to drive it and it runs hard and quick. Feels awesome.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Before the ATI, I ran 202rwhp and 276 ft-lbs with pulleys, cold air, timing adjuster, catback, and thats it.

With the 10psi 3core P-1SC kit, I jumped to 319rwhp and 367ft-lbs. Since then, Ive added long tubes, ignition, off road h, injectors and a bigger mas air. So Im probably past the 340rwhp mark with stock heads and stock intake. My plan is so swap the intake down the line and max out my combo to show what the pre-99 heads can still do, then go to work on them :evil:

The torque numbers are amazing, as is the jump in hp. With a new set of gears and some serious traction, it should finally put down some good numbers at a decent track.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think you'll see in the 300-310 range also.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
If you are a decent driver, 12s will not be a problem.
Erich

·
Registered
44 Posts
See my sig. This is with the old P600B and 2 core intercooler.

·
Registered
316 Posts
98Roush said:
at 10#'s boost with stock heads you wont see more than 300-310 RWHP and that is with good exhaust from headers back and little bolt ons. Now, I hope your not giving it more boost than that.

340 rwhp :lol: not without better heads or atleast you 98 heads worked on.
I wouldn't be laughing buddy :rolleyes: I made 325 RWHP/371 RWTQ with my 96 GT with 9-10psi with my ATI. With only xpipe w/cats, 3 chamber flows welded in, and 3.73's, no chip. So I don't think 340 is that far off. :evil:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm at 325 rwhp with 10#s also, so I'd put my money on 310-330 rwhp. I assume you'll get a dyno tune, correct? There's one guy on here with a stock headed 96 running around rwhp with the P1-SC on 12#s of boost. 340 seems like a stretch for the 10# kit, but with LTs it might be possible...

With traction and good driving, you can hit 12s.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Friend of mine

I running a Vortech with#10lbs of boost on a stock '98 GT and making like 323rwhp with a "soft" tuned chip, he was doing like 302rwhp or so without the tune, but he is STOCK including headers, so I dont think 340'ish is out of the question with a tune and LT's

·
Registered
906 Posts
DAMN! where have all you s/c 96-98 owner's been? Damn nice numbers. I think the reason for the extra 20 rwhp that all you are getting is the intercoolers doing though. Without an intercooler and 10#'s.....its 300rwhp

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Re: Friend of mine

97GTLunatic said:
I running a Vortech with#10lbs of boost on a stock '98 GT and making like 323rwhp with a "soft" tuned chip, he was doing like 302rwhp or so without the tune, but he is STOCK including headers, so I dont think 340'ish is out of the question with a tune and LT's
if you are refering to bj (darkpony) that is incorrect. he made 326 seeing 12 lbs of boost at speedworks. then he went to get tuned on a different dyno with a diablo sport chip and made 290 rwhp with i believe 10 lbs of boost.

a stock motored 96-98 GT with a nonintercooled blower should be in in the 270-290 rwhp range. an intercooled car should be in the 310-330 rwhp range. i think 340 rwhp would be possible with longtubes and a solid chip along with all the other boltons. JMO.

marcus

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
i dont have dyno #'s,but my car trap 109.53 with the stock 6-8 psi
vortech pulley with no chip and 12 degrees of timming on the adjuster.my car weighs 3450 race weight.i guess thats around 320rwhp.with shortie headers,off road and borlas.i also have an svo intake which explains my high mph with the stock vortech pulley(3.60)
Randy.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
vortech gt said:
i dont have dyno #'s,but my car trap 109.53 with the stock 6-8 psi
vortech pulley with no chip and 12 degrees of timming on the adjuster.my car weighs 3450 race weight.i guess thats around 320rwhp.with shortie headers,off road and borlas.i also have an svo intake which explains my high mph with the stock vortech pulley(3.60)
Randy.
nice mph, i'm sure the intake is helping you out some. is that 3450 race weight with or without you in the car, that's pretty light for a 96-98 from what i've seen.

marcus

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
thats with me and a half of tank of gas

1 - 18 of 18 Posts