Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I haven't had the car long but when I got it, it needed a fuel pump I put one in and it ran great I also have put new plugs in and a new MAF but if I drive and get on it, it does good for about a mile or so but then it starts to bog really bad unless I give it very little throttle even the peddal a quarter of the way down and it bogs but if I turn it off and start it right up and it will run fine for about a mile or so if I baby it it will run right longer but it will eventually happen I really don't want to start throwing money in it only 60 k original miles I have ran injector cleaner recently maybe 500 miles ago and it has no cats not sure if that would affect it but I've been scratching my head but it's starting to get on my nerves especially when I wanna go and it won't

·
Registered
789 Posts
98 GT fuel pumps I believe are very special and unique to the 98 only. I would make sure you hae the proper replacement pump first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im sure its the correct pump how ever i didnt clean out the tank when i replaced the pump is it possible that it could be clogged

·
Registered
628 Posts
Did you do a fuel filter with the pump replacement?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts