Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats a good replacment rear sway bar and price? I might as well upgrade the front too:rolleyes:

Thx for the help

·
Registered
379 Posts
how'd you manage to break it? I"ve ripped mine off...My 97 is slammed to the ground....low and behold I ran over a manhole cover (that was raised up) and it got caught on my rear sway bar...snapped the left side off from the place where it bolts in. Luckily it didn't do any damage to where it bolts in.....

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Don't waste your money. The upgraded parts aren't worth the price at all...I've checked around quite a bit since I snapped mine. I went with a factory RSB from a 95GT. They appear to be smaller, but are cast from a stronger material and actually hold up much better than the newer cobra specific part.

By the way, mine snapped right through the passenger side, rear bolt hole where it attaches to the LCA. Where did yours break?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was going it to a corner pretty hard when I felt something give.
Then I heard something rattling when I hit some bumps. So I pulled over and looked under the car and saw that the rear sway bar snapped right through on the left side about 6 inch's from the bolts:mad:

OnceBitten,
Thx for the heads up. I won't waste my money then:)

·
Registered
478 Posts
I've snapped the rear sway bar on every Mustang i've ever owned. The after market ones are not cheap. I found a Ford replacement on ebay for $50. If you don't plan on doing high speed cornering, just get the stock replacement for cheap where you can.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Mine snapped on my 97 Cobra going up a driveway one day. Mine also broke about six inches from the bolt on the driver's side. My car was still under warranty so I just had a Ford Dealership replace it.

Nathan

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
You can always weld it back together. It's what I did. The weld is stronger than the bar.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thx for the help. I think I'll just get one through ford parts online

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
The dealerships have a new rear swaybar for our cars that's solid now instead of the hollow ones that came on our cars, much better and stronger..probably just as good as any aftermarket one out there...Mine broke about a month after I bought my car and I got mine for about $105 at the dealer...

·
Registered
567 Posts
I never knew that this was an issue!!! Good to know.

I was looking into buying the Kenny Brown front sway bar one of these days. I like it because there are two retainer pins that easily pop out for track days.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine snapped about 5 months ago....got a steeda HD rear sway bar from CJ pony parts $119.00. It has held up so far......get the steeda :joy:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Mine broke same place. about six inches from the bolt on drivers side 3 months after buying the car. I looked for a good after market but ended up getting the same kind from Brothers I think I paid $90.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine broke on my '97 Cobra, the junkyard guy says he sells one a day to '96 and later owners. $50 for a solid '95 rearbar. same mounts as the hollow '96. Don't waste your money on aftermarket rears, use it on better control arms and shocks.

My$.02
Troy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts