Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just finished my P.I. swap in my 97 and went with Bullet Stage 2 cams and went with an O/R mid pipe. When I cold start my car it holds an idle but once its warmed up and put in park the RPMs drop and the car stalls out. I had my car tuned before the swap so I'm wondering if I just need a new tune... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
478 Posts
Is it tuned for those cams you installed?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it's not tuned for the cams yet, I had NPI Bullet cams in the NPI heads before but haven't had it tuned since the swap.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I would definitely get a tune. Did you put the proper stall converter in it for the cams? When i cammed my car and it was auto I didn't change my converter (because i was about to do a manual swap) and that made my car stall out sometimes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car has a 2800 stall and I called the company before installing the cams and they said that should be fine. Once I find a decent deal on a 5 speed swap I would like to do it but as of now I'm keeping it Auto.

·
Registered
407 Posts
2V, there is a table in the tune that says how much air to give the engine when its put in gear.

This table is probably too far off now that you have cams in the engine.

This isn't a hard thing for a tuner to fix but the only way to fix it right is to get a new tune.

There is a bandaid fix you can do in the short term though that might help.

Get you car warmed up, put it in park and pull the connector off the IAC valve.

The engine should slow down and might even stall.

Loosen the lock screw on the throttle body stop and open the stop up until the engine is running at or slightly less than it should be at in park.

Shut down the engine, reconnect the IAC connector and disconnect the battery and leave it disconnected for 10 minutes so the engine will relearn the idle settings when its started.

This may keep it from stalling when you put it in drive but the right way to fix it is a new tune.

·
Registered
478 Posts
You need a tune for the new cams

1 - 10 of 10 Posts