Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my GT out last night to blow the cobwebs out if it (new motor) and I got home and it was pouring smoke into the cab white smoke I though man I blew it up so I go the mechanic this morning and pay my 45 dollars to have the codes pulled and it says rpm/speed limiter reached I think that put it inot the safe mode also on the way to town it was putting smoke in the car not as much but I was being very easy on it all the way there I noticed that my crankcase breather tube was off9 I took it off the night before to do some work) so I revved it up a little bit and it would puff smoke out every time I hit the throttle, anyways the mechanic reset teh computer out of safe mode and its gone for now I am afraid to get on it again any suggestions did the safe mode cause the pressure in the crankcase somehow or did I blow a ring out on my first run:confused:

·
Registered
490 Posts
I read in your post it is a new motor.. I think thats the culprit because when i got my new motor it did the same exact thing but after a month or so it went away... I guess the rings just werent seated yet or something like that and it took some extra time.. I would just drive it easy until the motor has a chance to fully break in...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts