Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 1996 Cobra, which is stock execpt for flowmaster american thunder exhausts and 3.73 gears. After saving my money (2000) worth, I am at a loss for what to start with for mods. What would my fellow Cobra owners sugest for mods? The primary use of this vehicle is for the street. I appreciate all of your input! Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
i would get an high flow or off/road x/h pipe, and some 4.30's in place of the 3.73s....incredible difference there. after that any of the other bolt ons are good choice...pulleys....aftermarket shifter, some drag radials to hook with the 4.30s (your going to need traction with those gears...and dont worry totaly streetable in a 4v cobra.) hey btw you should still have enough $$$ for a 100 shot...hehe.

·
Registered
349 Posts
4.30s , off road h pipe, pulleys, pro 5.0 shifter. clutch spec II, alum drive shafts are nice! and some kinda air filter k and n!!!! you will be good to go!!! high 12 here you come with traction

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
1. 4.30 gears (I think everyone on this board agrees this is the best all-around gear for a N/A DOHC). TRUST ME 4.10's aren't enough!

2. WMS Powerpipe, Pro-M MAF, and WMS (S&B) air filter

3. ASP Balancer underdrive pulleys

4. If you want to keep the Flowmasters :rolleyes: :barf: go with an H-pipe. If not, then go either Bassani or Dr. Gas X-pipe and a cat-back with a straight thru muffler design (Borla, Bassani, Magnaflow, DynoMax ultra flow).

5. Steeda Tri-ax shifter

That should about do it for your budget, but that will get you a VERY nice performing street car. ;)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
1. Steeda Tri-ax shifter
2. High flow H-pipe
3. 4.10's or 4.30's (if it's a street car and doesn't see the strip much)
4. ASP or Steeda underdrive pulleys
5. UPR, WMS, or Morpheous powerpipe
6. maybe some Nitto Drag radials

That should do you for about 275-285rwhp

·
Registered
278 Posts
Here's what I've done to my 96 Cobra

FMS shorty ceramic headers
Bassani catted X pipe
Steeda timing adjuster
WMS cold air system with spacialy calibrated 87 mm Pro M
4.10 gears
Accel coil packs
MSD 8.5 mm wires
Hurst billet shifter
Subframe connectors

There's more mods to my car but you get the idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts