Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tracked it to the #8 fuse from the inside panel, pulled it, and the test light went off. But the battery keeps draining despite this. I'm heading to AutoZone to get the battery and alternator checked today, but what else could it be if that's not the case? I've unplugged my stereo completely, as well as disconnected both amps with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Notice that you've got no reply's or suggestions. Electrical gremlins are the WORST. Folks don't reply in fear of a pathway for the Gremlins to move to their car. The pits.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bought my 96 back in September of 1995 and it has always had this problem. I think years ago some organization tried to force Ford into recalling these cars for the battery drain problem. I believe they thought it was within the radio.

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yes, follow the battery drain procedure once you know your battery is ok. Radio, cigarette lighter, and the dome light are the 3 most common culprits that I have heard of.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Right on ... I had a stock radio installed and could not get a battery to hold its charge when parked. Disconnected the radio and BLAM problem solved. Disconnect your radio and see if your problem goes away. If so, you have an awesome excuse to upgrade the sound system.

Tell your significant other that you were told that buying a new sound system would solve the problem. ;) Rule out the dome light and under hood light first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts