Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to do the install....

I lined everything up and i cannot believe how tight the fit is....or how long the powerpie is...

do you guys have any suggestions for the installation? What parts are replaced? Does the MAF still bolt up to the fender?

I looked over the directions and they are rathy sketchy....some first hand experience/thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

did you have to cut your hood?

THanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
man that thing was a total pita....it took me hours on tinkering, just wait til you gotta put the bypass on. i had to trim the plastic thing around the radiator. gimme your email and i'll send you a pic so you can see how mine sits in there

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
I'm not sure about the N/A set up, but don't you have to trim open the fender to get the pipe to fit?

Alan

·
Registered
338 Posts
The N/A one I have fit fine. I had to make a mount to hold it though. Small bracket that bolts in where the air box bolted. Its for sale if anyone wants it. Check the classifieds.

·
Registered
124 Posts
When I had my Anderson pipe installed I don't remember having much trouble except trying to put the rubber elbow on the pipe. And I did have to cut the inside part of my hood so the hood shuts and a little bit off the fan at the corner so the rubber boot doesn't get pushed in. The air filter bolted right back up inside my fender. It took me roughly 1 hour for the install with my friend's help.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Mine fit my 96 no problems...i just trimed a half inch of rubber off the sleve that connects the maf to the power pipe in the fender and hooked it up...it even cleared my stock hood no problems.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the pic squeezed...damn tight fit...nice car :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts