Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering for the folks that have 96-98's that swapped over to 99+ engines.

What differences have you noticed in the power range? I realize that the 96-98's put out difference power (215-225 hp flywheel), however, what significant differences have you noticed (more torque, ....., ......, ????)

And last but not least... is your car N/A or forced induction?

Thank you,
Tim

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
C'mon, surely someone has swapped engines and has some info here....... help me out.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Who cares?? Even if you put a good engine in it you still have a 96/98 mustang..... ;) Just messing with you Tim. I like all of them, 87 and up.

Sent your flexplate out today, couldn't come up with any bolts.

Jason.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Since I'm still waiting on my h/s I'm not quite a Member of "G.F.Y.S" Race Team! But I will be soon.

Most people have the heads P&P before the swap. They usually dyno 50rwhp peak and a lot more average HP.

I've also seen people pick up a FULL SECOND in the 1/4 afterwards. Amazing gains. Not quite a blower but the next best thing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I installed a 2000 long block in my 96 convertible. I installed long-tubes at the same time. Kept the factory h-pipe with the last two cats. It dynoed at 257 RWHP and 300 RWTQ. Night and day difference to that puny stock engine.

I have since installed a Vortech S trim SQ on it with 90MM Lightning MAF, 42lb injectors, 255 Walpro fuel pump, 255 T-Rex, Shiftmaster EEC tuner, FMS shorties, & BBK x-pipe w/cats. I am seeing 10-12 lbs boost on the stock Vortech kit/pulley, depending on the heat here in Austin. Should get it on the dyno within the next couple of weeks, hoping for around 400 RWHP. Taking it to the track next Friday night.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Madmike did the headswap and JBA headers and I believe got 237 hp at the rearwheels.

Ask me this question in 2 mos, I hope to have mine done by the end of July.

Doug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts