Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97Gt that from what I gathered of owning it for 3 years has a shift kit of some sort installed. I believe I have a shift kit because on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift I chirp the tires and get a little loose sometimes. I Basically want to fine tune the shift points and make the O/D not turn off at X Speed. (around 75mph) I feel that I'm not getting the most out of my setup. I really don't want to get a torque converter for the car. So I guess a chip of some sorts or a dialablo scan tool or what ever? Something that I could change the shift points and make the O/D stay on. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NorthwestGT said:
Sounds like your 4R70W is working just great. Are you sure you want to mess with it? If you do, there's lots of info on http://www.tccoa.com/ .
Thanks for the link. That site has some great info. Yeah the trans seems to work well, its just can it do better:evil: Thanks again!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Raymond4646 said:
I have a 97Gt that from what I gathered of owning it for 3 years has a shift kit of some sort installed. I believe I have a shift kit because on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift I chirp the tires and get a little loose sometimes. I Basically want to fine tune the shift points and make the O/D not turn off at X Speed. (around 75mph) I feel that I'm not getting the most out of my setup. I really don't want to get a torque converter for the car. So I guess a chip of some sorts or a dialablo scan tool or what ever? Something that I could change the shift points and make the O/D stay on. Thanks for any help.
Oh...BOO HOO! Stop complaining about your car's lack of performance. ;-) Man...wish my '96 auto would chirp in 2nd and 3rd...*ponders the possibilities*

Cindy

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: 96-98GT Auto owners Please Help!!

stock96GT said:

Oh...BOO HOO! Stop complaining about your car's lack of performance. ;-) Man...wish my '96 auto would chirp in 2nd and 3rd...*ponders the possibilities*

Cindy
Hey Cindy, Just get some gears and a shift kit and you'll be there too. Hey with all of the complements I'm getting I'm starting to feel alittle better;) Thanks

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
Autologic chip can be programmed to put your shift points anywhere you want them. I've had mine for over a year and it still nails the WOT shifts at exactly the same point every time.

·
Registered
413 Posts
or you can get an eec-tuner or Tweecer and set them whereever you want. Of course, you'll need to learn how the shift tables, etc. work.

try groups.yahoo.com and join the EEC-Tuner group

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
David Posea said:
or you can get an eec-tuner or Tweecer and set them whereever you want. Of course, you'll need to learn how the shift tables, etc. work.

try groups.yahoo.com and join the EEC-Tuner group
Thanks alot for the link Dave. I will join and check out the group. Also thank you theGame.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Engineer that wrote much of the info on the Tccoa website you visited, Jerry Wroblewski (Inject-tech) programmed my chip early last year. Unfortunately, he no longer provides chips for the general public. But, let me tell you, his program can greatly improve the performance of your 4r70w even w/a shift kit which I already had prior to getting his chip as well. The shift firmness, points, t/c lock up and o/d function can all be re-programmed. And, wow! what a difference it makes. I think there is someone else on that web site that is now doing the chips w/Jerry's assistance and general program. Check it out! It's well worth the $200-$300 dollars if you have an automatic!!:D :D

Ed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts