Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I sent him a quick message to let him know that he is smoking something if he thinks that thing could beat a Stang... Basically, I challenged him. Anyone posted this in the Tech section? Those guys would love that...!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good idea. I just posted it in the Tech section too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The dude wrote me back. Here is what he had to say, I think it's BS:

sir its all about power to weight ratio man, and most importantly how well you put your power to the ground. do this man with out even racing it...

vehicles weight
----------------------------------
rear gear (4.10) X max torque (225)

with this equation the samller the number, almost ALWAYS the faster your car will be in the 1/4 mile.

besides i have raced a red '96 cobra and beat it so i know it works :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
The dude replied to my reply:

the cars that i have beaten show how fast mine is, it really is the best example that you can find of putting power to the ground. subaru WRX's i have beaten along with LT1 SS camaro's. it really is an un believeable car. I have to start having people follow me because like you, no one believed me.

:lol: :bs:

This guy is a real piece of work...!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well according to his formula - in order from fastest to slowest in the 1/4 mile

kc96gt's 1996 gt:

3280/3.73 X 285(not including other mods) =3.09

1989 335i:

3075/4.10 X 225=3.33

stock 1996 Cobra:

3450/3.27 X 300=3.52

·
Registered
48 Posts
shotcallamatt said:
Well according to his formula - in order from fastest to slowest in the 1/4 mile

kc96gt's 1996 gt:

3280/3.73 X 285(not including other mods) =3.09

1989 335i:

3075/4.10 X 225=3.33

stock 1996 Cobra:

3450/3.27 X 300=3.52
Nice work shotcallamatt...! I've e-mailed him your results and asked him for honesty's sake to adjust his ebay listing to specify that he could out run "stock" 96-98 Mustang Cobras. And in my opinion that's a big if...! The numbers came out close enough that I think it's a drivers race...

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
no way that POS would be a Cobra, let alone a GT.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
rancid said:
no way that POS would be a Cobra, let alone a GT.
:confused: Are you saying a GT is faster than a Cobra?

Anywho, if your 96 GT is an auto, I would put 20 bux on him.

·
Registered
642 Posts
"THIS CAR IS A BMW 3 SERIES WITH THE 3RD GENERATION M30 BIG BLOCK SIX CYLINDER MOTOR IN IT."

Didn't know 6 cylinder was classified under "big block".

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just wanted to post a follow up on this topic. I met up with this guy and got a ride in his car. It was suprisingly fast. The speedo seemed to be accelerating pretty quickly but I still couldn't really tell how fast it was. On my little test ride, we just happened to run into a f-body. All I could really tell is that it was a red lt1 formula. So we drive up next to him and the driver keeps it in second with his revs up so the guy in the formula knows we want to race. The formula hits it and then this guy hits it. The 335i stays a 1/2 car length ahead of him the entire time up to 90 and then they shut down. We yelled over at him to see what kind of car he had and he said it was a stock 1994 formula. I must say i was pretty impressed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts