Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting the Magnaflow cat-back for my '96 GT, but I'm not sure as to the length and the size of the tips. Their website says 3.5" tips, but that might be too much since I'm running 275's in the rear. Can I get 3" tips? Also, at what point do the pipes go from 2.5" to the larger tip size? Did you guys experience any fitment problems?

Thanks for any input.

Andrew

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here's a pic..maybe it'll help. These are 3'' chrome tips..which were plenty big. And they are 16'' long. They fit perfect..and all you saw was chrome pipes, no 2.5'' discolored stainless steel.
And these are for sell. $25 + shipping. PM me for details.
John

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Magnaflow does not make the 3in tips anymore for our cars, only 3.5, i just got my magnapaks in last week. They look and fit perfectly fine with my 275/40 17's in the back. The new kits also come with adjustable tips and that helps alot when lining them out. You can adjust height, or how far it stick out/in from the bumper. I was skeptical about getting the 3.5 tips thinking they might look to big, but they look very nice. I bought the kit from full line exhaust.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Juiced46,

How long are the 3.5" tips? Does the transition from 2.5" to 3.5" hide behind the rear wheels or is it visible when looking at the car from the side?

I assume that the tips are stainless steel and not chrome.

Andrew

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Yes they are visible unfortunetely. The old kits were not, but they switched to a new style so everything lines up right, the tips clamp on to the tailpipes now. I would say they are roughly 16in long, not sure exactly though, but it doesnt look bad though. They are polished stainless steel.

Im gonna try to go grab a digital camera quick so you can see pics.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Good thread. I'm thinking about buying a magnaflow catback, too.

Juiced46, If you'd post pics when you get them, that would be really helpful. I've never seen the 3.5 in tips on a 94-98.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Juiced46,

Pics would definitely be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Juiced46 said:

BTW- I got fired for going to my car during work :eek:

J/k
It's no wonder. It looks like you went on one major photo shoot! :D

Thanks for the pics.

Andrew

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.