Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know there are alot of threads on this topic that have been posted before, however they always seem to get taken in the direction of whether or not EGR deletes are necessary, helpful, etc... I know deleting the EGR can hurt gas mileage, throw a CEL, and isn't great for the environment, however my Cobra is not a daily driver and I am really just trying to clean up my engine bay (thats all I want from it).

So rather than getting a delete plate, I have an intake hat (see pics) that i've shaved the EGR foot off of and had hole inside the hat welded. My question is, for people who have done the delete, how difficult is it to get to the header tubes and actually remove and plug the holes? I know these cars can be difficult to work on with the limited space in the engine bay, and I dont want to get into a job thats over my head. Im assuming getting to the exhaust manifolds is the most difficult part, but is there anything else I should be aware of before starting the job? Im planning to plug the holes with either the dime method, or finding plumbing caps at a hardware store. Thank in advance for any advice. Ill try to upload pics of the process or maybe even make a youtube video or something.

Attachments

· Registered
233 Posts
All you will need is one cap for the rear driver side tube. You can get them from LMR or AM. It is not too difficult to get to from what I remember.

The two spots on the front of the exhaust manifolds are for the SAI system. You wont have to mess with all of that if you are just removing the EGR.

If you are removing the SAI system I would not recommend using coins. They will work for a while but will eventually blow out. I have done it. Get a good piece of steel sheet metal and use that. It will work better. Or cut the tubes, bend them over and have them welded shut.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.