Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to know what ebrake cable i'll be needing and if i need
to change the flexible line that runs from chassis to the axle
for brake fluid. other than that it should be a direct bolt in, no?

thanks!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Matt's site above is a great source of info. I've got some info at:

http://www.mikesjunk.com/musrdisk.html

But this is only page 1 and I've not had time to finish up the details on page 2.

For the Pb cable I bought mine new off the internet for a 95 GT w/disk. What you find is that you'll need a bracket that mounts to the tunnel for these to work. On your car the PB cable runs to the frame rail and plugs in. THen the cable runs through a pulley up to the handle in the tunnel. On the new ones they run all the way up into the tunnel and plug into a bracket that is spot welded to the tunnel just behind the handle....I'll probably fab something up for this.

If your swapping the whole rear you may have a flexible hose issue. On my 84 the flexible hose runs from the passenger side axle tube to the hard line that runs up the passenger side. On the newer models this flexible hose runs near the center of the diff to the hard line in the center of the car. Check yours as you may run into this issue.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
you are going to have to adapt or cut and flare to get the chassis line to mate up.

Other than MC and PV mods plus the extra track, you should be set. Just remember that the v6 cars use the 7.5 axles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts