Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i have a 95 gt convertible and i can not get the heat to come out hot. here is a list of things i have done..

1- new thermostat.
2- all hoses and antifreeze are new
3- new head gaskets and all all gaskets ( motor upgrade)
4- been like this befor installing new cam and heads and ect.
5- i even unhooked the air conditioning harness in the engine compartment..

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLT APPRECIATED.....THERE ARE NO LEAKS AS WELL.....THANKS IN ADVANCE...

·
Registered
759 Posts
Does your gauge ever read "HOT" or move at all?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cars run perfect, the guage reads normal..just always cold air blows out.... question for jwalker....i have edelbrock heads, perf plus intake, steeda 19 cam, 1.7 roller rockers, 70mm throttlebody, 75mm mass air ect. i dynoed at 267 rear and was wondering what yours was with and w/out the 125 shot. curiuos cause i seem to have exact setup....and tips on running what you did ...thanks.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I dyno'ed 289 RWHP W/O NOS. This was with the Tremec 3550 tranny in it. I only did 3 pulls. It was before I had the exhaust on it. I never dyno'ed it with NOS. I ran it 1 time at the track NA and I ran 13.30 in the 1/4 mile.

I am going to upgrade the suspension some to see if I can get into the low 1.60 for a 60' time.

Did you happen to have a air/fuel ratio on your car for the dyno pull? Do you have a t-5 in it?

Your car is a little heavier so you will need a few more horses out of your car to get equal to me. I have been racing for about 13 years now. So I had a lot of practice at the tree.

Maybe the wire came off the hot/cold switch and it never actually moves? it is very weird that your gauge reads normal but no heat. Maybe check to insure that there is no air pockets in the radiator.
can you feel the coolant running thru the hoses?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no air pockets as the radiator has been in and out with the upgrade and it has been doing forever. you can feels the heat at the radiator hoses both, and the 2 heater hoses from the firewall. i am clueless now about this...but it sucks cause its to cold to go play with it anywhere. i actually have the aode tranny and my fuel/air ratio was steady in the middle between 14-15....i also have a diablo chip but it was just a basic download till diablo sent the correct download for all the m,ods with firmer shift points...right now it granny shifts and almost screws up the dyno test when it shifts gears...so with the correct download it should move better....thanks

·
Registered
759 Posts
14 or 15 on the air/fuel ratio is a little high.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There are 2 things that could be causing your problem.
1. A plugged heater core
2. The heat control is not operating the flap inside the heater plenum.
Both are easy to check. Connect a garden hose to one end of the heater core. Leave the other end of the core disconnected. Turn on the water supply. If water comes blasting out of the core connector, your core is good.
Turn your heat control from cold to hot several times. You should hear a clunking sound as the flap closes when th dial is turned to hot. If not, pull the heat controls out and inspect/repair.
Hope its not the core. I changed mine and its an incredible pain.
The entire dashboard, steering column etc. has to come out. Also the a/c lines need to be disconnected. It took me an entire weekend,12 hours each day.

Good Luck
took me an entire weekend, working morning to night

1 - 7 of 7 Posts