Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 95 gt 5 speed i plan on installing shorty headers and 3:73's to go with the mods in my sig. What 1/4 times could i expect? I just got the car like a month ago dont really know what 1/4 mile times 95 gt's run. Also i think it might be a a gts but i'm not sure is there anything that gives it away?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I'd guess low 14's, but maybe a high 13 with a good 60 ft and good powershifts. Depends a lot on the driving ;)

As far as the GTS thing, mine has no power options. I'm not sure if it says anything on the door tag or maybe the vin. You could try asking that question on the 94-95 forum.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'm guessing high 14's. There's no way your going to touch the 13 range with just gears and exhaust in an SN95. They're heavier than the fox bodies.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
The GTS has standard V6 seats and no rear spoiler. Though the spoiler could be ordered on the GTS most didnt come that way. All power accesories could also be ordered on the GTS also.

Id guess 14s also on car depending on your expeirence on strip.

·
Registered
941 Posts
maverick0716 said:
I'm guessing high 14's. There's no way your going to touch the 13 range with just gears and exhaust in an SN95. They're heavier than the fox bodies.
Uh - I know of quite a few that were in the 13.9-14.1 range with gears and exhaust (off road H). Certainly enough not to say "no way."

As for stock times, I ran a bunch of very low 14.7s @ 93-94 with only a K&N and lowering springs (stock tires and 2.73 gears). Ran a 14.65 once. A lighter GTS should be able to go 14.5-14.6. Gears and exhaust should get you in the very low 14s assuming a good driver, a 5 speed, and a decent track that you can hook up on with the gears.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Something for reference(for the future)

Took my 94GT with my heavy ass(200lbs) to Sacramento(about 50ft. above sea level) a couple years ago. June day, about 90 degrees to start but dry air. Corrected to 1000ft. which isnt too bad.

My car then had, K&N, no silencer, 3.73's(Hoosier 9" slicks), subframes, 5.0 shifter, Mac H-pipe(no cats), Performance Distr. ignition set up, and pulleys. Timing only at 11 to keep from detonating.

Stock headers, cam, intake, MAF and TB. Miles were about 20,000?? approx(low!)

Ran 10 runs at test n tune. Best was a [email protected] mph, another at 13.78 and the rest of the 8 runs all in the 13.80's. All at 98 mph. With out the slicks no way in the 13's!! You can tell by the trap speed the car was maxed out and I was driving it like a maniac! 60fts were from 1.82-1.92 best that I can remember.

Food for thought. Soft tires are a good investment before even adding HP. Powershifting and getting the car launched will take a ton off ET alone. If you run at or near sea level consider yourself lucky!(Good air = Good performance, esp NA cars). My low mileage sure helped also.

;)

·
Registered
941 Posts
FWIW, I pulled my blower off the other year while doing some repairs adn ra my car N/A again. Granted it is a bit lighter, but was a basically stock engine. In fact, compression was lower (aroun 8.7-8.8:1) than stock.

on 8.5" slicks with 3.73s, I was cutting high 1.7 60's (like 1.76-1.79) so I think you could have had close to a low 13.6 with better 60's.

Totally feasible to get a 13.99 w/o slicks IMHO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts