Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blk/blk lthr, 56K mls, nrly flawless, 100% tight, no lks/squeaks/rattles, 1.5” drop, awesome handling, 400 hp @ flwhl. N VA area.

Powerdyne 9 lb SC/MSD 6AL Ign/coil/wires/MAC hdrs/Bassani X-pipe/Magnaflow cat back/Pro-M 80 MAF/30lb injectors/255 lph pump+T-Rex pump/Aeromotive fuel reg/Tremec 3550 Trans/Ram Kevlar Clutch/FRPP 3.73 gear/Steeda Dble Hk Qdrnt/UPR Firewall Clutch Adj/Bilstein struts/shocks/KB springs/Bridgestone Z-rtd tires/KB Panhard bar/MM CC plates/MM subframe cnctrs/FRPP cowl brace/Steeda rr sway bar/Energy Susp poly sway bar/strng rack/end link/sprng isolators/A-arm bushings/New dvr seat bottom

Call (703) 805-2170 for details or e-mail for pics

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry--I put the price in but I guess I must have screwed something up. I'm asking $16,500. I've got about $20,000 worth of parts and labor in it and it books for around $11-12K (with the very low miles). Most of the parts on it (including the transmission) are new or near new and the car is about as perfect as they get. It's quick, handles like a Porsche, and looks and feels near showroom.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Hey bud, I am in Northern Va (Reston) and I am interested. I have a few questions: who did the work on the car? Was it dyno tuned? Is it running with an FMU or is it just tuned to the 30# injectors? Have you had any problems with the car? Any 1/4 mile times? It has 400 HP @ "flwhl"? What's "flwhl"? Do you have any dyno sheets on the car? When did the Tremec go in? Ever have a compression test done? Heads ever been off the car? If someone was to buy the car, would you let them do a compression test before purchase?

Are you the original owner, and if not, was the car stock when you got it? Do you have reciepts for everything? Was the car ever hit? All stock paint and body panels? Always garage kept? Clean Carfax?

Let's say someone had cash, are you flexible on that $16.5k figure? I ask that because the car has some decent hardware but the motor is all stock and the Powerdyne is not the Rolls Royce of blowers if ya know what I mean. To be honest with your car is along the lines of what I am looking for but I am extremely leary of modified cars and to me personally a modified car isn't worth anything over book. If you'd be willing to think about an offer in the range of book value I'd like to come take a look at it. I am seeing '96-98 Cobras with less than 30k miles go for around $13.5k in the DC area and places like PA and Ohio, so I was really going to go for something like that. Let me know what you're thinking about flexability on that price tag. If you are dead set on $16.5k then I am not your buyer. I do have cash in hand and ready to buy something soon though. If you think you might want to give me a shot at making you an offer please e-mail me so we can make a time for me to come see it...thanks!

- Derek [email protected]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably ought to leave this one alone if you're looking for a book value Cobra--I've got about $15-18K in it in parts and labor beyond book value. I have every receipt and every record for this car dating back to it's purchase and I have all the stock parts except a few which were taken off prior to my ownership (air box, stock cat back). This car is professionaly done in most every aspect and is an absolute head turner. It's completely balanced between handling, power, and functionality. I would say it's probably one of the best handling street Cobra's in the entire area (within the bounds of "normal" wealth). I'm a perfectionist when it comes to most things and cars are at the top my list--this car shows it. Just in case, I'll send you an e-mail with all the pics and all the questions answered.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This Cobra has been sold. For anyone else out there who's interested, the final price was $16,000. Good luck to you all and thanks for the inquiries.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Holy cow!!! $16K, you did absolutely great with selling that car. Congrats, I need to find a buyer like yours. I can't even find someone that'll give me $14.5K for mine. I guess persistance and patience pays off.

Henry

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HPLouis,
I agree, it was a good price. However, I live in the N VA/Washington DC area where everything costs more (including a bunch of work I had done on the car!). My Cobra had only 56K miles on it and it was a super tight driver. Once the buyer experienced the handling, HP, and solidness of the vehicle and saw the outstanding shape it was in, he was sold. I think one of the biggest factors in selling the car was that I had it out on the resale lot on the military base I work on (Ft Belvoir). When people can actually see the car in person, it makes a big difference (I think?).

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I see. I've been pretty lazy about selling the car and I haven't even advertised it yet. I just threw it on the Corral a few times and that was it. Nothing against the people here and nobody take this personal please, but I've seen that most of the buyers on the Corral want to get a car with $20K in mods for $4K less than blue book value. My car just turned 57K miles and I guess it would be a good idea to advertise it since the DC metro area is pretty expensive. I go to Andrews AFB alot and I've had some interest but like I said earlier, I'm lazy.

Thanks for the advice and congrats for geting such a good price on your car. It's motivating me now.

Henry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts