Ford Mustang Forums banner
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Beware the Cardone rebuilt Dizzys. They often have bad PIPs. I suspect they aren’t changing them during rebuild or they use a really cheap one. Autozone is now selling brand new dizzys at a very reasonable price, I have had good luck with them. I’ve not heard anything good about the MSD units.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Well... hot potater!

I got it all together a week or so ago and it ran awful, so rich it paid $0 tax.

After some maddening amounts of troubleshooting I finally concluded that the new Cardone MAF I bought came outta the box reading incorrectly despite having the same model number (and "Ford" logo..) as my old one and also the new "19 lb" injectors I bought are more like 19000lb/hr

Once I put the ancient injectors and old MAF back on it ran fairly well. Not perfect, it's bucking at light throttle closed loop. I think it might not know how to deal with the air it's getting so I probably have to get it tuned.

But - here's the good thing, it sounds way smoother and it definitely pulls all the way up to >5500rpm which it did not do before. Much nicer driving experience under WOT! Once I get the bucking under control it's going to be a whole lot nicer to drive in general.

Thanks everyone for all your help along the way.

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

61 - 62 of 62 Posts