Ford Mustang Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I'm glad I was wrong about the head gasket. That would suck to try and do that this time of year its cruising time. Go enjoy it. Just to clarify was it the EGR valve in the backside of the intake that you also changed besides the bad injector? Might want to pull the dipstick out and if the oil smells like fuel might want to change the oil again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
IAC I bet. Well maybe not, I read he “cleaned it” but then reread and I think he meant cleaned the injector. ECT sensor maybe? EGR maybe? Who knows too many acronyms.
I cleaned the IAC and had the injectors professionally cleaned a while ago. I noticed the wires on the Engine Coolant Temperature(ECT) valve were like fused together and touching so I replaced it and it fixed the RPMs. The guy calling bs has no idea what he's talking about, you'd be surprised what one small sensor can do

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm glad I was wrong about the head gasket. That would suck to try and do that this time of year its cruising time. Go enjoy it. Just to clarify was it the EGR valve in the backside of the intake that you also changed besides the bad injector? Might want to pull the dipstick out and if the oil smells like fuel might want to change the oil again.
Same I did not feel like messing with a blown head gasket, but damn those cast iron heads can really take a beating. It's running amazing now far better than it ever has, who knows how long that injector was leaking for, just got worse recently. It was the ECT its directly to the left of the distributor in front of the fuel rail, but the main issue was the bad injector. I already did I think its good, it wasn't running very long after I initially changed it but thank you

·
Banned
66 Posts
Okay lol how much money? If you actually aren't willing to put money on it then just stop replying to this thread you look like a fool, you aren't as smart as you think you are
From your post #17
“ No check engine light either, and no codes for anything im not aware of. But anyway, thanks for the help to those who actually gave advice instead of acting like I dont know what I'm doing.”

from your post #26
“ I noticed the wires on the Engine Coolant Temperature(ECT) valve were like fused together and touching so I replaced it and it fixed the RPMs. ”

So, you got no codes with a shorted sensor (valve) circuit. And after you fixed the ECT VALVE wiring and put a new injector on, everything is perfect?

I say congrats!!! I learned “something” from you today.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Fixed the issue, took a lot of thinking and eliminating possibilities but it turned out to just be a bad ECT valve throwing the RPMs out if wack on top of a bad injector. I switched the supposed bad one with another, then took out the spark plug after it was running and it was in fact flooded, confirming it was a bad injector, the guy who cleaned it gave me a new one for free. I put it in and it started up fine and runs perfect, and the gas mileage is now exceptional. Compression test was good as well no blown head gasket, but cylinder number 1 was in fact running rich just being near the car you could smell the unburned fuel because of the injector leaking. So no, for whoever mentioned not having cats was the issue I call bs, those cats would've gone bad so fast with the amount of unburned fuel going through them. No check engine light either, and no codes for anything im not aware of. But anyway, thanks for the help to those who actually gave advice instead of acting like I dont know what I'm doing.
sounds like a millennial.. you asked for help now bitch from the help you received..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
From your post #17
“ No check engine light either, and no codes for anything im not aware of. But anyway, thanks for the help to those who actually gave advice instead of acting like I dont know what I'm doing.”

from your post #26
“ I noticed the wires on the Engine Coolant Temperature(ECT) valve were like fused together and touching so I replaced it and it fixed the RPMs. ”

So, you got no codes with a shorted sensor (valve) circuit. And after you fixed the ECT VALVE wiring and put a new injector on, everything is perfect?

I say congrats!!! I learned “something” from you today.
I got no codes after I fixed everything, I couldn't even use the code reader before because it wouldn't stay running for the KOER test. Yeah it runs perfect, the car has had a plethora of issues going on and I've been going through everything the past few months so that was really the last thing. I know you're being sarcastic, but tell me why would I create a thread to lie about my car and what the issues are and misinform anyone else who sees this this in the future. The ECT wasn't the main issue but it was contributing, the main issue was the injector, the computer was good because I did a noid light test on the plug and it wasnt the computer leaving it open, it was simply a bad injector, causing cylinder #1 not to fire because it was full of fuel.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
sounds like a millennial.. you asked for help now bitch from the help you received..
I was asking for advice if there's anything I'm missing, you were doing nothing but acting bitter and doubtful. I thanked the people who actually helped, I assume you're calling me a millenial because you think im sensitive. Take a look at yourself, you're arguing with someone younger than you because for some odd reason you don't like the idea of someone younger than you fixing something you can't do yourself, that's why you couldn't give any advice because you can't be a man and accept you dont know. You're calling me a bitch too lol man you are just sad aren't you, I can admit when I dont know something that's why I'm here in the first place. People have to start somewhere, I feel bad for your kids if you have any.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I went back and looked at your other comments, you were literally wrong about everything and that's why you're so mad that it's now fixed and you can't accept it. The other dude mentioned a blown head gasket and it made sense so I tested it and there in fact wasn't a blown gasket, grow up man how are you gonna act like you're a mechanic and be stubborn about everything and get pissed when someone else fixes their own stuff. You seem like the type of dude to pay someone to work on their car and the hover over them the whole time telling what to do but have no idea what you're talking about.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I was asking for advice if there's anything I'm missing, you were doing nothing but acting bitter and doubtful. I thanked the people who actually helped, I assume you're calling me a millenial because you think im sensitive. Take a look at yourself, you're arguing with someone younger than you because for some odd reason you don't like the idea of someone younger than you fixing something you can't do yourself, that's why you couldn't give any advice because you can't be a man and accept you dont know. You're calling me a bitch too lol man you are just sad aren't you, I can admit when I dont know something that's why I'm here in the first place. People have to start somewhere, I feel bad for your kids if you have any.

so you are a millenial... lol now that just made my day.. YOLO man.. peace out homie

·
Registered
940 Posts
oh being wrong about diagnosing a problem.. man every single problem i try to diagnose it seems i'm wrong on all my first million suggestions and only get the right solution days later.. but being mad because of it?? no bro only on Cadillacs

·
Registered
940 Posts
but seriously.. as an old man... tell me something.. our mindsets are hugely different.... and you can pm me if you dont wanna answer in public.. but as a millenial what are some of your ideas that you have noticed are 180 degrees different than us older generations? i see a ton of millenials.. but never really have any serious conversations with them.. hoping as a car enthusiast we may have enough in common to communicate...

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Congrats on getting it figured out. Just an FYI, it's an ect sensor, not an ect valve. It senses coolant temp and reports it back to the computer. You're going to accomplish nothing arguing so just stop responding, it's pointless. You fixed it so go enjoy your car and be happy.

Reactions: Nemo6007
21 - 37 of 37 Posts