Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 cobra pace car pretty much bone stock. Just swapped out to the gt40x heads and now have a horrible misfire. Barely runs . I changed all the plugs gapped at .042, wires, cap and rotor. I also changed the injectors while I was at it. Any ideas? Not much for diagnosing these things

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
R U sure U have the wires back on correctly. 1 3 7 2 6 5 4 8 firing order. Triple check. Also u may have squished a grounding strap on a plug or not got a wire(s) down on the sp plug. 94-5's R famous for not liking mods & must be tuned... I suspect it's one of the things mentioned vs mods causing it...

·
Banned
800 Posts
94-5's R famous for not liking mods & must be tuned...
Myth...

Problems that can follow a head swap:
Vac leaks
Over-tightened rockers (causing valves to hang open)
Loose rockers
Wrong plugs
Broken plugs
Timing issues
Firing order

Not going to have a damn thing to do with your tune, unless you've also changed MAF/injectors. Since you have, why don't you fill us in on ALL the work you've done.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I suspect the random injector swap (without a properly cal'd MAF meter swap) that wasn't needed could be the main issue. Put the stock 24s back in.

·
Registered
10,078 Posts
Agreed, the 94/95 computer will run with a HCI, it might not run well and need a tune but it will fire up. Sounds like something else is messed up. Really does sound like a timing issue.

·
11,167 Posts
Recommendation:
1. pull codes.

or

2. clean the maf sensor, disconnect the battery for 30 minutes, reconnect, realize that you forgot to store your radio presets, fire the car up and see if the problem went away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts