Ford Mustang Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
If you find leaks at your silicone couplers spray them with $1 hair spray before assembling. When it dries it seals the silicone to the steel piping and prevents leaks.
If you have to take the coupling off the hair spray cleans off with water.

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
Drill and tap the turbo compressor housing above where the discharge tubing connects. I am pretty sure that putting it after the bov will cause problems.
Interesting. I never considered this with my set up. I am getting boost reference after the throttle body.

I have noticed that lite accelleration causes my BOV to slowly creep open. Anyone else have the same issue? This is my first turbo car.

I now have new springs for the BOV and another 4.5 pound spring I can add to my w/g to give me 20pounds.

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
If you find links at your silicone couplers spray them with $1 hair spray before assembling. When it dries it seals the silicone to the steel piping and prevents leaks.
If you have to take the coupling off the hair spray cleans off with water.
You might also have a leak at your bov. Check it out to make sure it is operating correctly. You can make a boost leak checker with some pvc piping/fittings from home depot and a metal tire stem (any tire shop). Search youtube.
Interesting. I may need to check this out

21 - 23 of 23 Posts