Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I would double check to make sure you have the boost controller installed properly before blaming the wg. I've been running the same wg for 2 years with no problem. I'm running the smallest spring and MS electronic boost controller.

Did you tap the turbo compressor housing and ran a vac line from the compressor to the boost controller?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I realize it isnt a quality wastegate such as tial, but you dont think it may have been boost controller related? It held at 9lbs throughout, just not when I turned the boost controller up more. I will eventually upgrade the components of my kit, I was just curious as to why this happened and if anyone has experienced this.
If your WG was bad you'd most likely have the opposite problem. Your boost would continue to creep UP.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I have it hooked up according to the hallman directions. The boost changes as I adjust it. Just thought it was weird how it dropped off. I didnt tap the turbo compressor housing tho. I had a bung welded in after the intercooler and maf and before the throttle body.
Drill and tap the turbo compressor housing above where the discharge tubing connects. I am pretty sure that putting it after the bov will cause problems.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
You might also have a leak at your bov. Check it out to make sure it is operating correctly. You can make a boost leak checker with some pvc piping/fittings from home depot and a metal tire stem (any tire shop). Search youtube.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
If you find leaks at your silicone couplers spray them with $1 hair spray before assembling. When it dries it seals the silicone to the steel piping and prevents leaks.
If you have to take the coupling off the hair spray cleans off with water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts